SPECIAL ORDER PART! NO REFUNDS – ONLY WARRANTY REPLACEMENT PARTS!
Kenmore IC11B Ice Maker Kit (596.Series)
Includes: W10190978 Modular Ice Maker, Cover, Mounting Bracket, 4-Pin Male Flat Plug Wire Harness, Large Style Wire Shut-Off Arm, 67003753 Water Valve, 67001255 Ice Bucket and Installation Parts.
Installing the W10190978 Ice Maker:
- First you need to remove the three mounting screws that hold ice maker to freezer wall.
- Then disconnect the electrical wire harness from the freezer wall & remove ice maker unit out of freezer.
- You should be all set to install the new ice maker.
- Plug in the new unit and re install the mounting screws to freezer wall.
- Now it’s all done and ready to freeze.
Installing the 67003753 Ice Maker Water Valve:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect the supply water line.
- Disconnect wire harness at solenoid of valve.
- Cut ice maker water tube close to outlet port where it connects to old valve.
- Remove old water valve.
- Now to install new valve.
- Insert water tube as far as possible into outlet port of new ice maker water valve.
- Tug on the water tube to make sure it’s seated properly.
- Attach wire harness lead to the solenoid coil.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach mounting bracket screw(s) to frame of refrigerator.
- Next connect the supply water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator backinto place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make some sparkling ice so you can relax and enjoy your favorite cold beverage.