Amana IC6 Ice Maker Kit P1165807W
Includes: W10190978 Modular Ice Maker, Cover, Mounting Bracket, 4-Pin Male Flat Plug Wire Harness, Large Style Wire Shut-Off Arm, W10833899 – 12490801 Water Valve, 67001255 Ice Bucket and Installation Parts.
Replaces Part Numbers: 1165807A, P1165807W.
Installing the W10190978 Ice Maker:
- First you need to remove the three mounting screws that hold ice maker to freezer wall.
- Then disconnect the electrical wire harness from the freezer wall & remove ice maker unit out of freezer.
- You should be all set to install the new ice maker.
- Plug in the new unit and re install the mounting screws to freezer wall.
- Now it’s all done and ready to freeze.
Installing the 12490801 Ice Maker Water Valve:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect the supply water line.
- Disconnect wire harness at solenoid of valve.
- Disconnect outlet water line.
- Remove old water valve.
- Now to install new valve.
- Connect outlet water line. Tighten nut snugly
- Attach wire harness lead to the solenoid coil.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach mounting bracket screw(s) to frame of refrigerator.
- Next connect the supply water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make sparkling ice for your favorite beverage.